About Me

My photo
Peoria, Arizona, United States
I was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona with brief visits to a few other places. I love to get out and experience nature in all its forms. I am an adrenaline junkie that refuses to grow up. I have been married to the girl of my dreams for 24 years, we have three great kids, and I still do not know what I want to be when I grow up.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Where is Monica, and who is her new friend ???


Monica and I went on a road trip and had a wonderful time. It was about 11 hours of driving, so we had plenty of time for talking, laughing, daydreaming, and just taking in the scenery. That is about all the details I can give you, because if I say anymore I may incriminate myself and get in trouble. You will have to ask her about the "mall" she was looking forward to experiencing and ended up being very disappointed. I felt pretty bad about that.
You may recall Deanna's blog about Marvin catching the house on fire. I came to his defense by saying that men seem to be always getting the bad rap. We are not remembered or praised enough for the myriad of things we do on a regular basis for those that we love. From the dazzling to the mundane, day in and day out, we do pretty darn good. Then one little "oops" and that is all anyone remembers. He was beautifying the home by getting rid of that pesky foliage on the front of the house. He was using his new weapon......"The Mighty Weed Burner". Things got a little crazy and after the smoke settled, people forgot about the loving gesture he started out with.
Our house has been besieged by pesky foliage as well, so Monica borrowed "The Mighty Weed Burner" for me to use to save our home. This shows great love and confidence on her part towards me, knowing how quickly things got out of hand at her parents' house. First of all, this contraption is connected to the propane tank of a BBQ!!! This is a serious weapon. Turn on the gas, light the end, and everything is calm, quiet, ready. When I pulled the trigger on this thing, it sounded like a jet taking off at Luke Air Force base. The happy and unsuspecting green foliage was turned into flattened, blackened, smoking piles of ash in the blink of an eye. Yes, I blinked. In fact, my eyes were squeezed shut in terror. The flame and heat shoot out so far, I can burn weeds from 8 feet away!! If I point the nozzle down and pull the trigger, my feet leave the ground and I hover to the next spot to do battle. My kids followed me around with the garden hose to keep the smoke down so none of the neighbors would call the fire department. Clearly, it was not Marvin's fault.
Hopefully, I have cleared Marvin's name. Loving husband and father. Man.

4 comments:

  1. Del, I'm glad you didn't burn down your house! The flame thrower you borrowed was one we had never used. The one he used was much smaller. Ironically, I had bought the one you used at a yard sale the same morning that he had started the house on fire. I bought that bigger one because it looked like the pictures I had seen when researching grass burners. When I shopped at Lowes and HD, I could only find a wimpy one that looked like an old man's cane. So after the house incident we didn't even try it and I have begun to think that it is a much more dangerous piece of equiptment possible used in the roofing tar industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where the Jack Rabbit is, Joseph City, AZ. Am I right? Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man!!! Kim is good and Kim is fast. Monica saw the big jackrabbit on the side of the road at the Jackrabbit Trading Post and wanted a ride. Who am I to say "no"??

    ReplyDelete