About Me

My photo
Peoria, Arizona, United States
I was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona with brief visits to a few other places. I love to get out and experience nature in all its forms. I am an adrenaline junkie that refuses to grow up. I have been married to the girl of my dreams for 24 years, we have three great kids, and I still do not know what I want to be when I grow up.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

"CLEARLY" a good time.......

Tell me where this giant Hobo resides, and I will buy you lunch.



Here is the crew at camp. We were making fresh-picked mint tea here.

This is a great shot of Dillon cliff-jumping. You can barely see him right under the pine tree
trunk in mid-air. I am blowing this one up. Fantastic!!!!!

You know it was a great backpacking weekend when everyone is talking about the next trip while heading home. East Cleer Creek is so much fun. Trout fishing and cliff jumping.......who could ask for more?


We had a full team this time. Susie and Micah, Allen, Brian, Jonathon, and the Rings. (Oh, and Buddy, the dog) Can you imagine if we had some more people come? Wow.


Some might complain about the rain, but not me. Monsoon season up on the Rim is simply beautiful. A good tarp and a good book is all you need. (And Monica's "Goody Bags")


Susie and Micah lost parts off their car taking it down the high-clearance road that was filled with mud bogs and rock-crawling technical areas. It reminded me of Monica and I taking our Plymouth Sundance all over Arizona's backroads in our earlier years.


You may have noticed the picture of the Giant Hobo. I threw that in here as a sort of Arizona Travels Quiz. If you can tell me the exact location of the Hobo, I will buy you lunch. If you live far away and get it right, I will get your lunch to you. Can you ship Taco Bell via U.P.S. ??

6 comments:

  1. I know, I know, Luke's Roadside , Buckeye, Az.
    Hobo Joe, stands in memory of Marvin Russell (1928-1988) by his good friend Ramon Gillum July, 1989

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim did you look that up? I was tempted to google it but, thought it would be too obvious if I did. Del, Your trip to east clear creek looks like so much fun! I am tempted to go next time. (even though I don't like camping very much)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did google it. There were no rules. LOL I found the information interesting though. Del you need to find something that I can not google (at least something you think I can not google). LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO I have more exact directions!!!

    address:
    Buckeye, AZ
    Directions:
    Southwest of police station and Magistrate Court, about 1/4 mile. Just south of Hwy 85 and Apache Rd., about 700-1000 feet, at the curve in the road. Near some old trees and a building.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry susie but Kim got it first--even though she cheated!! But that's o.k. the next one will be harder.

    ReplyDelete