About Me

My photo
Peoria, Arizona, United States
I was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona with brief visits to a few other places. I love to get out and experience nature in all its forms. I am an adrenaline junkie that refuses to grow up. I have been married to the girl of my dreams for 24 years, we have three great kids, and I still do not know what I want to be when I grow up.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Better Part of Our Legacy...........

Dillon clearing the winning height-----man, he was flying!!
Gold medal grin?? What is it with kids and taking good pictures?

Our children are capable of a great many things. Hopefully, they tip the balance toward the favorable side. I love my kids and they constantly amaze me with the things they do. A couple of them, which I will not name, seem to be following after Darth Vader and the Dark Side of the Force. I try to be a loving and supportive father, but their actions sometimes take my patience to the limit.
Then they do something cool.
Does it wipe the slate clean? Not necessarily. I just wish they would do cool things more often. (My idea of cool. Not theirs)
Dillon won first place at his school's Track and Field Day in the high jump. He was then invited to the Regional Track and Field Event. We went today and he got the gold medal for fifth grade at four feet! Simply amazing.
I feel very proud of his abilities, and I like to think that I had something to do with it. But I know better. When our kids do something awesome, we might think we are leaving an incredible legacy. When they do something less than great, we have to brush the dust off and help them continue on.
But I will take gold medals any day............

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I am amazed! 4 feet? Really? Amazing and a great picture too! I am blown away! How tall is Dillon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how frustrating it is to get a good picture of kids,but I love Dillons Gold medal grin. It captures his personality and joy. I miss that little booger. Are you or Monica on face book? If you guys are look me and dennis up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so impressive. Way to go Dillon!!! When my kids make unwise choices I always just blame it on Vicente and his family. You know, "He gets that from his dad." kind of thing. It makes me feel immensely better. Of course I usually take credit for all thier good accomplishments as well.

    ReplyDelete