About Me

My photo
Peoria, Arizona, United States
I was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona with brief visits to a few other places. I love to get out and experience nature in all its forms. I am an adrenaline junkie that refuses to grow up. I have been married to the girl of my dreams for 24 years, we have three great kids, and I still do not know what I want to be when I grow up.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

No, I just can't get enough............

Woods Canyon Lake at its finest. (Yes, that is snow.)
My beautiful catch. As you can see, our camp was on the very edge of the Rim.

Grandpa said "Bryan looked like the Beverly Hillbillies when he left." Then he busted up laughing. Well, it worked.


Yep, I did it again. I braved the Mogollon Rim Country in April. It was really cold, super windy, tons of snow, and several black bears. Well......no bears, but the gigantic ravens did get into Don's rubbermaid tote, despite the rocks he put on top of the lid. Uncle Bryan (Ring side) invited me to go on the annual Guys On The Rim Fishathon 2009. How could I say "no"?! It was a total blast! Everybody caught something and I am eating trout for dinner tonight. It does not get any better than that.

As you can see in the photos, Bryan and Grandpa Ring threw together a boat rack (made out of 2x4's) so Bryan could bring Grandpa's boat. The guys were falling over themselves laughing when Bryan came bouncing, creaking, and clunking down the dirt road to camp, but he caught trout. (None of them were laughing anymore when they got to ride in the boat!!)

These guys cooked some amazing grub. We had potatoes and sauteed onions,barbecued beef ribs, venison cutlets, ranch style beans, and ELK steaks. That was one dinner!! I was in heaven.

The snow along the banks of the lake was beautiful. There was a Bald Eagle circling over the lake, but I couldn't get good picture of it. It was too good to be true. This was the best time I have ever had at Woods Canyon Lake. I just can't get enough.

2 comments:

  1. Del it sounds like a little piece of heaven. Good company, good food and beautiful surroundings. Not to mention the good fishing. I'll pass on the venison but bring on the trout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marvin says those are some good lookin' fish!!
    I second Danelle's comment looks like a great but cold time.

    ReplyDelete