About Me

My photo
Peoria, Arizona, United States
I was born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona with brief visits to a few other places. I love to get out and experience nature in all its forms. I am an adrenaline junkie that refuses to grow up. I have been married to the girl of my dreams for 24 years, we have three great kids, and I still do not know what I want to be when I grow up.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

The End of an Era.......

The Winning Stable of 2009 Ring Derby Cars



Well it is bound to happen I guess. The world keeps turning, we get older, and we have to pass the torch to the next generation. Today was the last Pinewood Derby for the Ring family. We will miss the feel of pine, the smell of burning graphite, and ruining Mom's expensive craft paint brushes. We pulled out all the stops for our final run. The boys got some design ideas from a really cool book, we did some research online, and we locked ourselves in Grandpa Ring's workshop to work some magic.


As you can see in the photo, Dillon did awesome!! He named his the "Yellow Monster". All of the painted accessories are his weights. He got First Place in his age group and the Rings drive their derby cars off in the sunset as Champions!! In one of his races, his car came out of its lane, and slid sideways across the finish in first. It was pretty cool.
I threw in the pic of Morgan and Dillon not only because it is a great shot, but also because it is a one in a million view of a natural Dillon smile in a photo. Very rare---trust me.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, great cars!! Good job dad and mom and kids. Beautiful picture of M and Dill pickle. Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Del, Sweet!! I'm glad your having fun blogging. Love you bunches, Monica xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool derby cars!! How awesome is Dillion's for winning while going sideways! The Yellow Monster rocks!!

    I love the picture of Morgan and Dillion too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go!!!! I am always a little sad when it is the last time my kids will do something because they are getting older. I still have all the fun cub scout stuff to look forward because I have my little punk Sam. I'm so glad you've started a new blog. We had tons of fun with you over spring break!
    Love ya,
    Danelle

    ReplyDelete